In addition to serving in a wide range of senior management roles, from CEO to VP of Marketing to Chief Innovation Officer, Byron has produced a diverse body of patentable work, authored an award-winning book about the future of technology, and given dozens of talks to both technical and non-technical audiences around the world.
Bloomberg Businessweek credits Byron with having “quietly pioneered a new breed of media company.” Wired Magazine describes him as “a tall Texan who serves as Demand’s chief innovation officer and who created the idea-spawning algorithm that lies at the heart of Demand’s process.” The Financial Times of London reported that he “is typical of the new wave of internet entrepreneurs out to turn the economics of the media industry on its head.” And Business Insider concluded that Byron “seems like a kooky – and awesome guy… We’d love to buy him a beer.”
In addition, Byron and his work has been featured in hundreds of news outlets, including New York Times, Washington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, USA Today, Reader’s Digest, NPR, and the LA Times Magazine.
He received a BA from UC Berkeley in December 1992, and an MBA from the Hass School of Business in 1998.
- Inmark Development, Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO. Sold to Rogue Wave (IPO, Board Member)
- MarketHome – Chairman & Investor. Sold to ClickAction (Board Member)
- GetawayZone – Co-Founder, Investor. Sold to Expedia
- PageWise – Co-Founder, Investor & Chairman. Sold to Demand Media
- FlexJobs – Co-Founder, Investor & Chairman
- LoveToKnow – Founder, Chairman & CEO
- Trulia – Angel Investment
- Hotel Tonight – Angel Investment, Board Member
- Liftopia – Angel Investment
- iSpotTV – Angel Investment